Thursday 7 March 2019

Post Production Proof



In this screenshot, I show myself making a very simple title card in Adobe Photoshop. After finishing the creation, I imported it into the start of my movie.

I also then added some distorted music to play during this title card, to make it feel less empty. This also added a somewhat ominous feeling to the start of my short film.

Here is what my raw, unedited footage looked like. As you can see, due to the additional lighting, everything had been given a bright and orange tint which didn't fit the theme of the movie and was also quite unprofessional.

Here, I decided to fix the colour issues by adding an adjustment layer. In said adjustment layer, I had turned down the warmth, increased saturation and changed many minor things to swap out the warm orange coloring for a more cold, blue-ish colour scheme.

In this screenshot I show how I added a soundtrack to my film, to accompany some scenes that would otherwise be strange if they were in silence. I chose appropriate, pubic domain songs that are suspenseful and intense. I also added effects to certain parts of the music as I saw fit.

Here, I show how I increased the volume in every sound that featured either dialogue or diegetic sound that I wanted to be heard. This is because, with the addition of a soundtrack, these sounds would be drowned out if unedited. Doing it via Audio Gain also keeps the audio quality very clear.

In this screenshot I make it clear that I added rolling credits to my movie. I did this with the built-in credit making feature on Premiere Pro. To add a more professional aesthetic to my credits, I had two main text-boxes on the left and right side of the screen to allow it to be nicely centred by having the roles on the left and the people who fulfilled these rolls on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment