Tuesday 2 June 2020

Working In The Industry

Activities I Have Attended

One activity that I decided to take part in was a day trip to Spark FM. A representative for the broadcaster showed us their workspace, all the equipment, and explained what it did. He explained his own job as a radio presenter, and tried to see who out of the group on the trip would be interested in following the career path. If I decide to go into radio work, I have a contact at Spark FM to perhaps help me get started.

Another activity that I decided to take part in was a day long trip to the Tyneside Cinema's Film Studios. On this trip, we were required to work as part of a group to produce a fake trailer for a film in the  Sci-Fi genre. Within the group, everyone was assigned different roles, and we would often swap roles so that we could all experience different jobs.The two roles that I manages to have, at separate points, were assistant director and boom operator. As assistant director, my job was to ensure camera was ready, sound was ready, actors were ready, and then I called for Action. As a boom operator my job was a lot easier, as all I had to do was hold the boom mic to pick up the sound of the actors, while making sure it stayed out of the way of the camera and didn't become visible. While I was on this trip, I was able to network with the three cinema staff members who organised the trip and supported us throughout our project by helping with the equipment and more.

I also took part in an activity where I took part in an external filming task. This task was for the clients of a boxing club called Harton And Westoe Boxing Club. I arrived at the gym where they train and filmed a video, showcasing the location, equipment, and some of the training techniques that they use. The clients were very happy with the video, and even said that if they had another job in the future, that they would be in touch if they needed to.

Social Media Technique

My main social media technique is my account and page on Blogger. On my Blogger page is every piece of media related work I have made since late 2018. This means that it is the ultimate place to look to see what I am capable of. Since the blog is a few years old, it also shows progression, as the work slowly gets better over time. This is a good way to have a digital presence, as everything that I need is all in one place, instead of it all being spread out.


I also then have my showreel, which showcases all of the video projects that I have worked on in a quick and easy to digest way.


No comments:

Post a Comment